Last modified: October 1, 2013
By using our Services, you agreeing to these terms. Please read them carefully.
All information contained on Previmedica.com is intended for informational and educational purposes. The information is not intended nor suited to be a replacement or substitute for professional medical treatment or for professional medical advice relative to a specific medical question or condition.
We urge you to always seek the advice of your physician or medical professional with respect to your medical condition or questions. As a recipient of information from this website, you are not establishing a doctor/patient relationship with any physician. There is no replacement for personal medical treatment and advice from your personal physician.
Medical Disclaimer for PreviMedica Group LLC.
PreviMedica utilizes several clinical laboratory tests in the rendering of services.
The Alcat Test® is a scientific clinical test and as such is only intended to provide information regarding possible intolerant foods and/or other substances. This test is not intended to diagnose or treat medical conditions. There is no assurance provided that any particular results will be achieved, as your condition may not be related to food intolerance. The assistance of a health care provider is advised.
The Site Does Not Provide Medical Advice
The contents of the PreviMedica Site, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on the PreviMedica Site ("Content") are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
- By using our Website and one of our fee-based programs, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement. We reserve the right to change or modify the provisions of this Agreement at any time. You should check this Agreement periodically for changes. If you do not agree to this Agreement, you should not use our Website or any of the fee-based programs.
- PreviMedica or any of it services does not replace the existing primary care physician relationship.
- PreviMedica or any of its services is not a replacement for professional medical advice or treatment.
- PreviMedica and PreviMedica Logos, including the PreviLEAN logo, are registered trademarks of PreviMedica Group, LLC. And may not be used without written permission.
- The information in this communication has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. This information is not intended as a substitute for the advice or medical care of a qualified health care professional and you should seek the advice of your health care professional before undertaking any dietary or lifestyle changes. The material provided in this communication is for educational purposes only. Every effort is made to ensure this information is accurate and as up to date as possible.
Appointment scheduling, rescheduling and appointment no-shows
As part of the Plan and Service, PreviMedica will provide you with access to health & wellness professionals, who will consult with you by videoconference or telephone. You agree to work with your health & wellness professionals in good faith solely with respect to the Service, and you will not seek consultation from your Wellness Professionals for any other purpose. If you need to reschedule an appointment with a PreviMedica health & wellness professional, you agree to do so at least 24 hours in advance, or the session will be debited from your pre-paid account. In addition, if you miss a scheduled appointment, the session will be debited from your pre-paid appointments.
Policy concerning appointment observation
You agree to conduct your sessions with health & wellness professionals alone, with no observers other than an exception for immediate family members at your sole discretion, and you will not record any such session in any way. You also understand and agree that PreviMedica may replace any Wellness Professional assigned to you at any time, with no advanced notice. We make every attempt not to disrupt continuity of care; however circumstances may occur that warrant change in assignment of your assigned health & wellness professional.
PreviMedica's Monthly Payment Plan is a convenient, interest-free way to stretch your purchase across three budget-friendly payments.
By proceeding with PreviMedica's Flexible Payment Plan, you guarantee that you will keep enough credit available on the card you have provided so future installments can be billed to that card. If the card expires or is canceled, you agree to notify PreviMedica and supply an alternative card with the necessary funds available before the next payment is due.
Guidelines Regarding the Recommendation and Sale of Dietary Supplements
PreviMedica’s policy regarding the recommendation and sale of dietary supplements considers is ruled by many aspects. While a significant proportion of these policies are either borrowed in part or in whole form regulatory institutions, the final policy decision is made at PreviMedica’s sole discretion, represents additions to, deletions from, and other modifications to established professional protocols. This policy in no way intends to warrant any official endorsement with any institution mentioned herein.
The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA) defines dietary supplements as products (other that tobacco) intended to supplement the diet and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Contains one or more of the following: vitamin; mineral; herb or other botanical; amino acid; dietary substance to supplement the diet by increasing the total dietary intake; concentrate, metabolite, constituent, extract; or combination of any of the previously described ingredients
- Intended for ingestion in a tablet, capsule, powder, softgel, gelcap, or liquid form
- Labeled as a dietary supplement
- Cannot be represented for use as a conventional food or as a sole item of a meal or diet
- Cannot include an article that is approved as a drug or biologic
All dietetics professional should consider the following guidelines when making the decision to recommend or sell dietary supplements. The guidelines are intended to address the scientific, legal, ethical and business aspects of recommending or selling dietary supplements:
- All patients/clients should receive a complete assessment of diet and dietary supplement use as a routine component of their nutritional status assessment. Assessment should include:
- List of supplements
- Brand/chemical form Rationale for use (patient/client perspective)
- Evaluation of diet and supplement adequacy
- Level of currently available scientific evidence (see Appendix "A").
- Demographic characteristics (age, gender, ethnicity, economic status, etc.)
- Disease states
- Clinical parameters (blood pressure, weight, biochemistries, etc)
- Medications (prescription and over-the-counter)
- Risk and/or benefits
- Adverse reactions can be reported to the FDA (link below)
- Referring health care professionals should be notified of any adverse reactions.
- Listing of current supplements
- Dosage/frequency of use
- Rationale for recommendation
- Plan for outcomes monitoring
- Purchases/dispensed volume for each supplement
- Adverse reactions
- Avoid bias to ensure patient/client's choice in selection and use of dietary supplement.
- Provide appropriate educational materials to patients/ clients about dietary supplements (see Appendix "A").
- Disclosure should be accomplished through face-to-face communication or by posting a written notification that is easy to comprehend in a prominent location that is accessible by all patients/clients.
- Dietetics professionals should inform patients on the availability of products being recommended as well as equivalent products on the market.
- Labeling issues (Food and Drug Administration)
- Health claims,structure/function claims,disease claims (Federal Trade Commission, see Dietary Supplements: An Advertising Guide for Industry, linked below)
- Standards for identity, strength, quality and purity (ie, US Pharmacopoeia, NSF International)
- Definition of Dietary Supplements (Food and Drug Administration)
- Authorized scope of practice in the business locale
- Institutional policies (hospital, clinic, etc.)
- Federal/state/local laws and regulations, including zoning and any ordinance issues, business licenses, scope of practice of other health care professionals, inconsistencies between states, etc.
- Pricing and profit issues
- Liability concerns, including product liability
- Retail policies (products returned by customers, method of payment, etc.)
- Follow-up sessions related to use of products
The guidelines are currently under evaluation and will remain in effect until new guidelines are published. These guidelines are meant to provide direction and recommendations for best practice.
Use of Trademarks
Customer shall not have the right to affix any of the Trademarks to any product or other material conveyed to anyone other than via the Internet in the manner described in this Policy. Customer agrees to use the symbols ™ and ©, as appropriate, when displaying the Trademarks, which is intended to indicate PreviMedicas' ownership of the Trademarks and shall not be construed as a claim to ownership by Customer. Customer's use of the Trademarks must be accompanied by a statement substantially as follows: "[Insert the trademark(s)] are trademarks of PreviMedica Group LLC and are used with permission." Customer must also include on all pages that reflect PreviMeidca's products on Customer's Web site a statement substantially as follows: "This site is not owned or operated by PreviMedica Group LLC"
Any use of the Trademarks by Customer in accordance with this Policy shall inure to the benefit of PreviMedica. The Trademarks are solely and exclusively the property of PreviMedica. Customer shall not have any ownership right, title, or interest, express or implied, in the Trademarks. Customer shall not use the Trademarks except in a form, context, and location that is acceptable to PreviMedica. PreviMedica may review Customer's Web site at any time and reserves the right to require Customer to make changes to it based upon use of any intellectual property owned or controlled by PreviMedica, even if PreviMedica has previously approved or accepted Customer's Web site or the material displayed thereon. PreviMedica may require Customer to make changes to Customer's Web site at any time to the extent Customer is using the Trademarks in a manner that violates applicable FDA or FTC regulations, any other applicable laws or regulations, or PreviMedica policies.
Customer may not use PreviMedica product names, trademarks or copyrights as part of a URL (Universal Resource Locator), secondary level domain name, meta-tags, key words or file names.